Thursday, August 21, 2008

So, I started a running blog...

I have been wanting a place to keep a running journal of sorts. I always start and then I give up. I always keep running just never keep track of how much and how far I run. Lately, I have been getting serious about my running again. Now that I am a blogging fool, I think a blog would be a fun way to do it. I love talking. I love running, fitness, and working out. And I *REALLY* love talking about running and working out. However, no one else in my household does. If I blog about it, maybe other people that feel the same way will read it. If not, at least I have a place to keep my running rambling.

A little history. I have been running since I was 13 years old. So, I have been running for over 13 years. Yikes! I have run 6 marathons (The Freep x 3 times, Akron, Boston, and Chicago). The last marathon I ran was in the fall of 2006 because in 2007, I decided to try and have a baby. Flash forward to May 2008, Grant was born! I ran until 30 weeks pregnant but had to stop because of a rib injury so I switched to walking. I started running again at 16 days post-partum and have been running with him in the BOB ever since.

So, I plan to use this blog to keep me accountable for meeting my weekly running goals, other fitness goals, and a place to basically obsess about running. Enjoy! (or get sick of hearing about it as my husband does. ;) )

No comments: