Thursday, January 22, 2009

I'm alive!

Holy cow it's been a long time since I have written on this blog! I have been running the entire time, I just got lazy with writing about it. I guess I am not one to talk about my workouts so I felt silly blogging about them. I mean, who really wants to read about my running?

Recently, I have started training for a 25K race. I started the official training last week. I have done 6 marathons and 3 halves but never tried the 25K distance. I searched really hard for a good training plan and came up with nothing. So, I decided to use the plan the race directors have selected and I tinkered it a little bit myself. Now I might actually have something to talk about on here besides boring runs every day!

In other news, I have met my goal weight that I set the last times I posted. I actually am 5 lbs below my goal weight at 140. So, my next goal for 2009 is to not gain that weight back!

I am back teaching fitness classes again, as of tonight. I had 2 classes back to back. I also am going to throw my other goal out there, for accountability. Despite being teased by Drew, I really want to complete this 100 pushup challenge. I am going to start by doing the challenge with modified (read: girlie) pushups because according to my husband, I was doing the regular ones REALLY poorly. Then, if I get strong enough maybe I will try regular ones. Embarrassingly, I have started and re-started this challenge about 5 different times in the last 6 months. I really want to finish it for once.

I received a Wii Fit for Christmas from my in-laws so I have been doing that on my off running days as well. Who knew hula hooping was such a good workout?

That about wraps up all of my fitness updates. Hopefully this will be the start of using this blog again.

4 comments:

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

Not sure if u knew this or not, but I used to be in the Army and my specialty was pushups! LOL! We had to see how many we could do in 2 minutes. We were only required to do 19 in 2 minutes for my age at the time (19), but I was pretty good at them, so I would compete with myself to see how I could do. I think I remember doing 44 was my top for 2 minutes. I would love to do this challenge sometime in the fall. I'll have to remember this and get back into pushups. Would be great on the arms, right now! LOL!! Is there a time limit on this, or just 100 consecutively?

N.D. said...

Great job going below your goal! Sounds like you have been doing great with running and workouts. What do you think of Wii fit? We got it and used it for a month and then didn't turn it on for the next 6! I've been using it once a week now during the last few months of pregnancy to do squats and strengthening exercises. Keep up the good work!

Nicole said...

Thats neat about the 25k race! Your training must be pretty intense. I'm gonna try and sign up for Chicago. You've ran that right? I'm pretty sure i remember that but i don't know for sure. Is that a good frist mary? I'm still trying to get my training going for it but its still quite a ways away. Do you have any advice on when i should start?

RunningMama said...

Welcome back!